Who Are We:
Hi, we’re Whym. Let us tell you a little about who we are and what we do.
Whym is a modern, seamless shopping experience with one bag built for everything online. We make commerce effortless by helping brands capture intent-to-buy and close the sale wherever they meet their customers.
When shoppers prepare to make a purchase, they ask themselves, “to buy, or not to buy?” Whym is the third option. Whym gives shoppers the ability to text themselves the items they’re interested in, but not ready to purchase right away — collecting items from multiple brands in one universal bag — boosting sales and impressions for sellers, and simplifying shopping for the customer. A win/win.
Whym is the brand of consumer trust for social selling. We create confidence, convenience, and seamless shopping experiences.
Join us and build the brand that’s changing the way we shop & sell.
Who Are You:
Fully immersed in all things Tiktok trends and social media culture and language. A social media wiz who thinks in terms of viral-biliy, mixing both personality and professionalism to brand pages. You’ll be great at both thinking through story-boarding and executing the videos.
You are action-oriented, organized and unafraid to get in front of a camera. This role is focused on creating content to build our TikTok page.
We operate at an extremely fast pace and will expect the same from you. This position will require your full attention & constant communication with our team.
This is a part time (20 hours per week) hourly paid internship. You must be able to receive internship credit for one of your current courses.
- LOVE TikTok
- Be a student at a college or university
- Are pursuing or have completed media studies degree / an emphasis in video production as a plus (not required)
- Able to receive internship credit for one of your courses
- Available now through end of current semester (Spring 2023)
- Significant experience as a TikTok creator, with knowledge of what performs well on the platform and what doesn't
- History of creating content that performed well and drove attention whether for yourself or a partner/brand
- Clever storyteller who is eager to communicate creatively using the latest TikTok and Instagram reel trends to reach brand goals
- Contribute to the company by using your skills in TikTok, production, content creation, storytelling
- Experience scripting (storyboarding) and posting engaging content on TikTok/Reels for a personal or business account
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; cross-functional collaborator
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Proactive, organized, and able to work autonomously
- Confident and effective communicator and an excellent writer
- Attention to detail, responsible, and reliable
- Experience with Canva and social media scheduling tools a plus
- PLUS (but not required): Located in Los Angeles or Detroit/Rochester/Troy, Michigan
- Eye for micro-influencers to work with is a big bonus
- Passion for online shopping and use of unique shopping tools
- Creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box
- Proactive go-getter
- Work directly with Community Manager to strategize, build, and optimize TikTok ad campaigns
- Help concept, create, and execute TikTok content while identifying emerging trends and activating quickly to drive innovation, grow engagement, and community size within the platform
- Creation of content - capture photos and videos for posts
- Able to identify, create, and maintain Whym brand voice on TikTok
- Schedule and monitor content calendar
- Research and identify possible micro influencers to partner with
- Analyze TikTok algorithm and business platform statistics